Sunday, September 24, 2006

Caliguiri Great Race Pittsburgh

I ran the 10K Great Race today. Starting around Squirrel Hill, going through Oakland, and ending downtown, it's kind of hard to believe that I ran all the way. And thanks to my time, I can now say that I'm a 'basic competitor' under the standards set by the New York Road Runners Club (or whatever it's called).

Essentially, I set an ultimate goal of sub-50, came in around 52, and I'm happy. I'm getting faster - slowly but surely - and figure if I keep running 6 miles at a time, I'll lose more weight eventually. And the pace works out to a lot faster than the half marathon I ran a couple weeks ago.

In other news, my knees still ache, but I feel like as long as I deal with the pain, they'll be fine.

Also... I've started talking a friend into running a marathon next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home