Sunday, April 22, 2007

more running

Well, it's been a while since I've posted but I've definitely been putting in the miles. 312 so far this year, plus 332 carried over from last, for a grand total of 644 miles since I started running, slightly further than the distance between New York, NY, and Cincinnati, OH. I got a Garmin 305 that is awesome, and a pair of Asics Gel-Nimbus VIIIs that seem to fit me really well.

Last night I clocked a new pr for the 10K through Mt. Leb, as measured by my Garmin, 49:23. I'm super psyched, and am proud of putting in a time like that less than a year after I quit smoking and started running. I'm signed up for Chicago Marathon in October, and hoping to hit 3:30, maybe a little bit less, but still have quite a bit of time to shave off, as the McMillan guestimator says that I'd be able to run somewhere around 3:51 with my new best 10K time.

Tonight, I hope to get in another 10K, but definitely at a much slower pace. Maybe on the treadmill, but hopefully outside again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home